Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Latest adventure

Just got home from Grand Rapids where Devan and I had out latest adventure.  We went to this world market called "JB Russo".  Let me tell you what...I WAS LIKE A KID IN A CANDY STORE AND TOY STORE COMBINED!!!!  First off they had almost every kind of food you could imagine there.  Even in the deli they had an entire cooler devoted strictly to olives!!!  They also had all sorts of sweet kitchen gadgets and such, however our main reason for going was to go wine shopping!!!  THE WINE...OMG...AISLES AND AISLES OF WINE!!!!  There were Michigan wines, some from Washington, Oregon, California, Argentina, Chile, South Africa, France, Italy, Portugal, Spain, Hungary, Japan, and the list goes on!!!  Alot of the more popular and pricier wines were graded on the 100pt Wine Spectacular grade scale.  So I decided to purchase 3 bottles with totaled almost $50.

*tikal Patriota 2008- This wine scored a 92 (if I remember correctly) and really intrigued me.  The label on the front is pretty neat looking which was the first thing that piqued my interest, but secondly, because it's a blend.  It's 60% Bonarda and 40% Malbec.  It sounded delish so I thought I would give it a try too.  It's another wine from Argentina, of which I didn't realize until I got home.  I was under the assumption it was from Chile, however, I still think it'll be good.  Retail price was $29.99 but on sale for $17.99.

*Bodega Norton Reserva- Malbec 2007 from Mendoza, Argentina. It was graded a 90 and a tasters choice.  I want to say I've had it before, or I had wanted to try it a while ago, but never got it.  I LLLOVE Malbec so I bought it.  Retail price was $18.99 but I got it on sale for $14.99.  I'll have to tell you later after I drink it what I thought about it!



*evodia- 2008 Garnacha- I had this wine a few weeks ago at a Christmas party at Devan's aunts house.  It was delicious to say the least!  It's a red wine from Spain.  Not too heavy, with great flavor.  Let's not forget the price...a bargain at $6.99.  Retail was $12.99

I really hope that after drinking these wines I don't develop an expensive taste.  I've already been noticing myself straying here and there from the $6-$12 and now here I am buying $15 and $18 bottles of wine!  I can't remember what all Devan bought, but I do recall him purchasing a REAL bottle of Champagne (name and kind eludes me at the moment). We're going to be ringing in the new year in style bay-bay :)

BRACE YOURSELF ETHEL.....

No comments:

Post a Comment