Sunday, January 23, 2011

Barefoot and in the kitchen

I really need to stop watching cooking shows at work because I always have to go home and make them!  I was at work on friday and was watching Barefoot Contessa.  She was making this Asian Grilled Salmon recipe that looked amazing.  The marinade was what got me as I'm not really all that into salmon.  All the while watching, I thought to myself "hmmm, I bet this marinade would go terrific on pork!"...and man oh man was I right!  I used port chops about 3/4in thick.  I suppose you could use a loin, but I've never cooked a loin so I don't know how to do it!  Maybe that will be my next task...lol

INGREDIENTS

-3 pork chops, 3/4in thick

For the marinade:
-2tbl dijon mustard
-3tbl soy sauce
-6tbl olive oil
-1tbl minced garlic

PREPERATION

1. Preheat oven to 375degrees
2. In a mixing bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients.
3. In a larger bowl, place the pork chops and pour HALF the marinade over the pork and coat evenly allowing it to marinade for about 20minutes.  The other half you will use as a sauce later.
4. At this point your oven should be preheated and the pork marinaded.  Put pork chops into a glass, oven safe baking dish (9x13in) and cover with aluminum foil.
5.  Cook for approx. 30-45min or until cooked thoroughly.
6. Once cooked, serve and spoon remaining ORIGINAL marinade over pork as a sauce.

**NOTE***
In the marinade, I added a touch of onion powder and some basil and oregeno to give it a little more flavor.  I thought maybe some ginger would be good, but forgot to add it.  Maybe next time!  To go with the pork I sauteed a pound of wild mushrooms in oil, butter, white onion, garlic and basil and served over quinoa.  I started to cook the mushrooms and quinoa about half way through the cook time of the pork so they would be done at the same time.  A little drizzle of the marinade went over the mushrooms and quinoa too as I feared it would be a bit dry without.  Excellent dish, easy, and highly recommended!  I also had gotten a bottle of Gabbiano Pinot Grigio to drink with this, but I was so excited about how it turned out, I forgot to drink it.  Next time for sure!
ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm salivating over here! Can I hire you to come and cook for me?! :)

    ReplyDelete